PRACTICAL TRAINING FOR STUDENTS-ECOLOGISTS
The main purpose of students’ environmental practices is acquiring skills and abilities to conduct environmental studies of influence levels of individual companies on environmental objects and to assess their compliance with current environmental legislation.
For practical training industrial enterprises, institutions, organizations, research institutions can be selected, which are equipped with appropriate technical equipment that require solving environmental problems. National Mining University early signs contracts with practice bases (enterprises, organizations, institutions of all forms of ownership) for its implementation.
The basic enterprises for practical training of students-ecologists are: State enterprise “Pavlograd Chemical Plant”, JSC “DTEK Pavlogradcoal”, structural divisions and regional offices of the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine, departments of environmental policies of local governments, departments of ecology and natural resources of regional administrations and other environmental institutions and organizations.
Students-ecologists are also able to take practices on the base of the following educational, research and production facilities and departments:
- Educational and scientific-industrial complex “Safety". It is created by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine 08.05.2008 (Number 391) on the base of National Mining University and Scientific-Production Association “Pavlograd Chemical Plant”.
- Department of targeted training on technological and environmental safety. It is created jointly with State enterprise “Pavlograd Chemical Plant” be Rector's order ¹ 251 from 08.07.2013. The purpose of department creation is to increase the level of training for students of Mining Faculty and Building Geotechnologies Faculty on technological and environmental safety in the mining and processing of minerals.
- Scientific, research, educational and industrial centre of Nature and Man safety “Environmental Safety”. It is created in 2002 on the base of Ecology Department and industry-research laboratory of electrodynamic methods for extraction of metals from waste.
- DTEK Department “Coal Extraction and Enrichment”. The department was established July 9, 2013 by the company DTEK at the National Mining University. With the opening of DTEK Department in the NMU the union of science and practice will deepen that will improve the training of Mining Faculty students, ensure the practice and further employment of students.
In addition, students can participate in the educational project “Biotechnology in mining – the integration of new technologies in educational practice” which is being implemented in State Higher Educational Institution “National Mining University” in cooperation with the Technical University “Freiberg Mining Academy” (TUBAF, Germany) since 2015. The project is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) under the programme “Professionally Connected Partnership with Universities in Developing Countries” and involves the laboratory workshop for NMU students and masterworks at the TUBAF.
Curriculum for students of specialty “Ecology” provides the following practices:
· General environmental and educational practice after 1st year (ecological routes on the territory of the Dnipro and region, SE “Pavlograd Chemical Plant”, JSC DTEK “Pavlogradcoal” etc.).
· Landscape-environmental educational practice after 2nd year (based on natural reserve territories of Dnipropetrovsk region and Ukraine, the industrial enterprises of the region etc.).
· Industrial practice after the 3rd year (based on the industrial enterprises, environmental departments of government and other agencies and environmental organizations).
· Research and industrial practice after the 1st year of Magistracy (Department of Environment and Natural Resources of Dnipropetrovsk Regional State Administration, the Department of Environment of City Council, SE “Pavlograd Chemical Plant”, PJSC “DTEK Pavlogradcoal” and other industrial enterprises, public environmental organizations).
· Pedagogical practice after research and industrial practice (secondary schools, institutions of higher education of I-IV accreditation levels).
Curriculum for students of specialty “Technologies of Environmental Protection” provides the following practices:
· Training and introductory practice after the 1st year – Environmental Policy Department of City Council, Department of Environment and Natural Resources of Dnipropetrovsk Regional State Administration, Department of targeted training on environmental and technological safety on the base of SE “Pavlograd Chemical Plant”.
· Educational and technological practice after 2nd year – industrial facilities in the region, departments and research units of the State Higher Educational Institution “National Mining University”.
· Technological practice after the 3rd year – industrial enterprises, departments and research units of the State Higher Educational Institution “National Mining University”, environmental research institutions and organizations.
· Research and industrial practice after the 1st year of Magistracy – private, state and municipal enterprises, structural units of the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources, ecology departments of local governments, research institutions and organizations.
· Pre-diploma practice after scientific and industrial practices – environmental departments of industrial enterprises, design institutions and non-governmental organizations, public authorities and inspections on technological and ecological supervision.
Cycle of practical training provides students the ability to independently identify and solve current environmental problems that arise during the work at industrial enterprises and facilities.